Who we are:
Plena Healthcare is a national allied health provider to the Aged Care, Community and Disability industry, with over 20 years’ experience. Our physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, speech pathologists and dietitians are passionate about the care they provide to the clients who are at the centre of everything we do.
Every day, we work together united by a common purpose; to provide quality care so people can live healthier, happier and more independent lives. With mobile therapists based around Australia, Plena Healthcare therapists provide a pivotal difference to aged care facilities and the community with an outlook focused on collaboration, motivation, passion and inspiration.
When joining our Plena Healthcare Community, you will also unlock a multitude of Plena Perks.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Travel Reimbursements
- Work life balance, flexible working hours
- Industry leading Professional Development program equivalent to $500 annually, comprising of a Professional Development allowance that you can choose how you spend, monthly profession specific training events, quarterly interdisciplinary training events, industry webinar updated, journal clubs and lunch and learn sessions.
- 1:1 Mentoring Program, participate as a supervisee or a supervisor
- Shine Awards – We love our people & we love rewarding outstanding achievements. Our Shine Awards provide more opportunities for our people to be recognised and rewarded for their contribution to helping people live healthier, happier and more independent lives. Monthly, quarterly and yearly awards valued up to $2000.
- Shine Days - an additional 4 days of leave a year!
- HealthKick - $150 annual budget to spend on your fitness and well-being *conditions apply
- Treasure Chest Fund - We like to spread joy. We'll give you money to spend on brightening the day of one of your clients.
- $300 Refer a friend bonus – Sharing is caring! *conditions apply
- Novated car leasing
- Retail discounts
This position is responsible for working under the direction of physiotherapists / occupational therapists in order to deliver a consistently high standard of clinical service to clients in Residential Aged Care (RAC) Settings.
Multiple Casual & Part-time Positions available in: Taree, Tuncurry, Foster, Coffs Harbour & South West Rocks
You will be responsible for:
- As an Allied Health Assistant it is expected that your time will consist of both clinical and administrative duties
- Responsible for assisting to deliver all physiotherapy services in accordance with the Plena Healthcare operating procedures and policies.
- Responsible for servicing RAC clients in accordance with the Allied Health Professionals treatment plan
- Under direction of the physiotherapists / occupational therapists you may be required to, Transport residents to and from the therapy gym area / their appointments,
- Set up and pack away the physiotherapy gym, including cleaning both the area and equipment
- Collect referrals and any other administrative tasks as guided by the physiotherapists
- Order prescribed equipment
- Run exercise groups / programs
- Support initiatives to meet client / contract expectations
- Consult with the physiotherapist / occupational therapist in relation to adaptations/ changes/ progressions of treatment plans for clients as appropriate
- Participate in mentoring, supervision and appraisals in line with Plena Healthcare’s policy and procedure
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cert III Allied Health Assistant or equivalent
- Health care knowledge
- Independently deliver treatment plans
- Time management and accountability
- Clinical knowledge
- Communication skills
Additionally, you will require:
- NDIS workers check screening
- Current police clearance (within the last 12 months)
- Evidence of right to work in Australia
- Drivers Licence and Reliable Vehicle
We are a values-led organisation, we bring energy, act with integrity, nurture and care & we listen and connect. Our values demonstrate our commitment to our people, customers, and community, and define who we are, what we do, and how we do it. When we come together, we shine.
“We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to supporting an inclusive & diverse workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people of all ages, cultural identities, gender identities and expressions & LGBTIQA+ people.”
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”