Plena Healthcare: Who we are
Plena Healthcare is a national allied health provider to the Aged Care, Community and Disability industry, with over 20 years’ experience. Our physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, speech pathologists and dietitians are passionate about the care they provide to the clients who are at the centre of everything we do.
Every day, we work together united by a common purpose; to provide quality care so people can live healthier, happier and more independent lives. With mobile therapists based around Australia, Plena Healthcare therapists provide a pivotal difference to aged care facilities and the community with an outlook focused on collaboration, motivation, passion and inspiration.
When joining our Plena Healthcare Community, you will also unlock a multitude of Plena Perks.
- Work life balance/family friendly practice
- Flexible working hours - 7.6h in your work day, you pick the hours in the day!
- Industry leading Professional Development program equivalent to $5000 annually. This comprises of a Professional Development allowance that you can choose how you spend, monthly profession-specific training events, quarterly interdisciplinary training events, industry webinar updated, journal clubs and lunch and learn sessions.
- 1:1 Mentoring Program, participate as a supervisee or a supervisor
- Salary Sacrificing options such as novated car leasing
- Plena Health Kick, $150 allowance towards a healthier you (enjoy gym memberships, sneakers, massages and more on us!)
- Treasure Chest: Spoil your clients and we will pick up the bill for you
- $1000 Refer a friend bonus – Sharing is caring!
Your Opportunity: Part-time opportunity available: Townsville
As a qualified Speech Pathologist you will be joining a large and collaborative multidisciplinary team providing personalised treatments, assessments, and client focused interventions.
Reporting to the Speech Pathology Team Leader, you will provide high-quality mobile speech pathology services primarily to adults living in residential aged-care facilities. There is an opportunity to tailor caseloads centred around your interests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing and diagnosing your clients’ swallowing and communication difficulties
- Helping to improve mealtimes for NDIS participants
- Assessing augmentative and alternative communication needs for clients
- Advocating for communication support for clients with communication difficulties
To enhance support to our customers, you will possess:
- A Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Current SPA registration
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Australian working rights
- National police check
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- Flu vaccination
How to apply
To apply select the ‘apply’ button below and you will be redirected to our website to commence your application.
Please note: Candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to closing date, apply today!
“We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to supporting an inclusive & diverse workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people of all ages, cultural identities, gender identities and expressions & LGBTIQA+ people.