- Central Adelaide Local Health Network – The Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Salary AHP-2 $84,399/$97,774
- Permanent, temporary, full-time and part-time positions available
We are currently recruiting experienced Occupational Therapists (OTs), who have a passion for wanting to make a difference to the outcomes of our consumers, to join our allied health team.
These unique positions provide OTs with the opportunity and ability to gain experience, training, and knowledge across a variety of services and clinical areas at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, Repatriation Health Precinct and various community and ambulatory services. This will suit Occupational Therapists with two to five years’ experience with the opportunity to build your career and professional development in this field.
We offer flexibility with a range of options available including permanent (ongoing), temporary, casual, full time and part time positions.
Occupational Therapy covers the spectrum of CALHN (Central Adelaide Local Health Network), across the acute, sub-acute/rehabilitation, mental health and ambulatory continuum to the local community, admitted country patients and via specific State-wide services (Spinal Cord Injury and Brain Injury).
CALHN OT is committed to quality improvement, evidence-based practice, the ongoing development of staff, clinical research and the teaching and training of occupational therapy and related students.
You will have:
- An appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification which entitles registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current clinical experience working in Occupational Therapy with adults within the acute and/or sub-acute setting.
- The ability to apply professional judgement, clinical reasoning, and skills to the management of patients of the acute/sub-acute setting with increased complexity.
- Experience working in high paced environments that requires achievement of set outcomes.
- The ability to communicate effectively with patients, carers, staff, team members and relevant others.
- Evidence based knowledge of Occupational Therapy best practice in management of patients relevant to the acute and sub-acute setting.
About Us (Central Adelaide Local Health Network)
The Central Adelaide Local Health Network includes South Australia’s major quaternary facility, the Royal Adelaide Hospital, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre and the Repat Health Precinct. We also deliver mental health services at Glenside Health Services and at a range of other locations across the metropolitan area.
Each day presents our nearly 15,000 employees with an opportunity to perform at their best, not because they are expected to, but because they want to as they work together to achieve our strategic ambitions. Together we’re committed to delivering the very best in care for the community in line with our organisation’s values of People First, Ideas driven, Future Focussed and Community Minded.
- Professional Development allowance available – up to $2,000
- Attractive salary packaging options. This allows you to pay for certain expenses with pre-tax dollars. You could reduce your taxable income so you could pay less tax – and end up with more spending money.
- Possible relocation costs available for eligible applicants looking to relocate to Adelaide
- Strong relationships with the universities regarding research and student supervision, providing great opportunities for our staff to build knowledge and variety in their roles
- Unique opportunity to work across the full client journey: acute, rehabilitation/sub-acute, ambulatory and community services.
- Professional Development and on the job training/upskilling working with senior experienced Allied health clinicians
- Career pathways into leadership positions
- Strong governance and clinical supervision support for clinicians
- Focus on our values of diversity and inclusion: We support and foster a culture in which employees feel they belong and feel safe at work. The culture aims to encourage all people to use their talents and to be valued and rewarded for their contributions.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package, we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 807420
Mob: 0434 957 569
Application Closing Date
11:55 pm Sunday 16 October 2022
807420 RD Occupational Therapist.pdf
Australian applicant guidelines
International applicant guidelines