Purpose of Position
Program Support and Development Manager
Exciting fixed-term role based at HammondCare’s Neringah Hospital, Sydney
Flexible hours - Minimum Part time (0.8 FTE), 4 days per week, up to full time will be considered for the right candidate
Role commencing as soon as possible and ending 30 June 2020.
Be part of working on a state-wide project with a dynamic and professional team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of Program Support and Development Manager works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to provide an effective liaison facilitating understanding and seamless connections between the Palliative Care Home Support Program (PCHSP) team and staff in the participating LHDs and agencies we broker to. The position is responsible for the coordination of care worker education and agency relationship management across participating LHDs and will be expected to undertake travel within NSW as required from time to time The role is also focused on promotion of the PCHSP, facilitating uptake of packages across participating NSW LHDs. .
The essence of this role:
Key liaison and stakeholder engagement to care worker agencies HammondCare brokers to in NSW
Coordination of care worker education for staff across participating LHDs, ensuring that education is targeted to facilitate package demand management in participating LHDs.
Promotion of the Palliative Care Home Support Program, facilitating uptake of packages across participating LHDs, thereby enabling patient choice regarding place of death.
The provision of support and assistance to the specialist community palliative care teams in participating LHDs.
Assist in developing appropriate collateral for program promotion and marketing
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Genevieve 0414 515 655
Closing Date, 20 July 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
1. Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
2. Experience in a similar support and coordination role, or in coordination of palliative care services.
3. Experience in the health sector and knowledge of or ability to quickly gain knowledge of the Palliative Care Home Support Program including protocols and key objectives.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage and develop relationships and engage stakeholders.
5. Strong administrative and computer skills, including Word and Excel.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work well with other staff.
7. Demonstrated experience in building relationships with flexible, multi-skilled and multi-disciplinary teams through advanced interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
8. Experienced in operating effectively in multi-site environments.
9. A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel throughout the state of NSW, as required.
10. Strong relationship building skills and empathy.
11. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.