Purpose of Position
Senior Registered Nurse
A fantastic full time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in our Palliative inpatient unit
Role based at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of NSW Health entitlements
About the role
The role of the Registered Nurse works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
The essence of this role:
To work autonomously providing holistic patient care
Works within scope of professional nursing practice
To be a leader within the team and promote the mission and mission in action.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System Nurses’ and Midwives (State Award) and the Crown Employees Nurses’ (State Award). For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on the link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For any specific queries not answered in the information pack, please contact Linh Bell 02 9756 8881.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a covering letter addressing the above selection criteria to:
Attention: Linh Bell – RN Braeside
Selection CriteriaPlease briefly address each criterion individually in a cover letter – bullet points or short paragraphs are OK
1. Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
2. Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
3. A passion to work in Palliative Care inpatient unit.
4. Minimum 4 years palliative care experience
5. Working knowledge of PCOC and ability to inform care based on assessment. Assessment and management of pain and symptoms in line with the PCOC assessment tool
6. Experience in working with people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
7. Sound computer skills.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
1. Post graduate qualification in Palliative Care
2. Eligibility to apply for CNS status
3. Bedside clinical teaching to support more junior staff
Additional Information to be provided with Application (information treated in the strictest confidence)
1. Do you have any medical condition/illness, which would prevent or hinder you from performing the work you have applied for? If “YES”, please give details (including dates).
2. Were you born in Australia? If “NO”, please give details of your citizenship, permanent residency or working visa (include copy of relevant documentation).
3. HammondCare recommends that workers continue to be made aware of the recommendations with regards to immunisation against Hepatitis B and Influenza as advised by the Department of Health. Although not compulsory, it is recommended that all workers know their vaccination and immunity (serology) status.