CATEGORY: Healthcare & Medical
LOCATION: WA Bunbury & South West
TYPE: Contract or Temp Psychologist/Social Worker/Allied Health Professional. 12 Months Full Time – Bunbury (or Perth Metro with regular travel to South West)
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 6,100 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide Clinical support to our Disability and Out of Home Care programs across the South West region, as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team on a full-time basis. The role can be based in either our Bunbury or Perth South Metro office locations, with frequent travel to the South West area required.
- Develop and monitor intervention plans and strategies around challenging behaviours exhibited by children and adults with high and complex needs;
- Provide clinical services across multiple programs and care models;
- Promote and implement a trauma-informed approach to working with children in care;
- Utilise positive behaviour support strategies to teach carers and staff how to manage challenging behaviours;
- Facilitate training with staff and carers in group and individual settings on a range of relevant topics;
- Monitor care placements for the presence of Restricted Practices and work with carers to reduce and replace their use.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, occupational therapy, related allied health or equivalent;
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration with the relevant professional board e.g., Psychology Board; OR current membership of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW);
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and to participate in reflective practice and group supervision sessions with the team;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to use initiative and peer support, problem solving and conflict management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Understanding of the issues, services and legislation affecting the delivery of services for children and young people in out of home care settings and people with disabilities;
- High-level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- An ability to relate to and positively influence the skills of a range of support staff such as Foster Carers, Case Managers and Disability Support Workers;
- Current Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Great salary packaging benefits with monthly RDO’s
- Join one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 17th June