Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Classification: Enrolled Nurse Level 1
Annual Salary: $57,635 - $61,578
Branch: Operational Support
Section: Graduate Enrolled Nurse Position Holding Pool
Vacancy Type: Temporary part-time or full time
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Position Number: 23736, several
Closing Date: 5 July 2018
Contact Officer: Maxine Jordan (02) 6244 3383 email@example.com
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day to day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
ACT Health invites applications from Enrolled Nurse Graduates for the 2019 Transition to Practice Program (TTPP)
ACT Health offers a 12 month, structured program that provides a supportive framework for enrolled nurses during their first year of clinical practice.
We are keen to receive applications from nurses who are passionate about providing safe, quality, patient centred care and motivated by the organisational values of care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
12 month contracts will be offered full-time or part-time to assist enrolled nurse graduates with transition into the workforce. This fantastic opportunity will provide participants with support and dynamic learning opportunities offered through the diversity of services available and structured professional development tailored for the graduate nurse.
The 12 month program will incorporate at least two six month rotations through clinical areas or 12 months within a speciality.
• Completed/will complete a Diploma in Nursing between November 2017 and June 2019.
Registered or eligible to register as a enrolled nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) prior to date of program commencement
A Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen, or people in Australia with a valid visa that allows them to work. This includes New Zealand citizens.
To be considered all applications must be submitted electronically at: www.health.act.gov.au/employment
Application forms can be downloaded from:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Completed application form
2. Response to the required selection criteria (4 questions) in no more than 1 page
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. A current transcript of results from CIT/TAFE (unofficial is acceptable)
5. Two written professional referee reports using the 2019 ENTTPP referee template form which can be downloaded from the ENTTPP website
Please note: Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
This application process is for those applicants that would like to be considered for any of the three expected 2019 graduate EN intakes (February, April and May).
Short listing will take place from the submitted documentation.
Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview/assessment centre on either September 10 or 11, 2018. At this time all elements of the application process will be considered including performance at interview.
Please note: Phone interviews will not be available; to be considered for a position you must attend the assessment centre in person.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 5 July 2018
Employment decisions will be based on written application, referee reports, satisfactory academic history, interview and assessment centre analysis.
Suitable candidates not offered positions in the first round may be offered positions at a later date as required by ACT Health.
• TTPP EN Coordinator - Maxine Jordan firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 62443382
• TTPP RN Coordinator - Deborah Moore:
email@example.com or phone (02) 61747057; OR
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with a contact officer if you have any queries related to the application process.
DUTY STATEMENT – Enrolled Nurse
1. Provides competent and safe patient care within an ethical, professional and quality framework and practices in accordance with the relevant legislation. Integrates organisational policy and guidelines with professional standards.
2. Adheres to the scope of practice of a Enrolled Nurse Level 1. Aware of differences in accountability and responsibility between RN and EN and undertakes role according to the appropriate standard.
3. Considers and advocates for the rights of individuals and/or groups for nursing care, within the organisational and management structure.
4. Is responsible for completing all professional development requirements and demonstrating competence as a beginning registered nurse, within the Transition to Practice Program, and in the required timeframes.
5. Practices in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of individuals and/or groups. Adhere to safe practice and relevant legislation.
In no more than 1 page (not exceeding 250 words per criteria) answer the four selection criteria
Type your responses addressing the selection criteria on page 3 in the space provided
Dot points or paragraphs are acceptable using Arial 10 font, single spacing and standard margins
Each criterion will be weighted evenly
Using patient examples from your clinical practice/training describe how you have:
1. Ensured that your handover is effective?
2. Kept your patient safe when administering medications?
3. Provided patient centred, culturally sensitive care?
4. Acted as an effective, accountable member of the healthcare team?