- Part Time Permanent – working 22.5 hours per week
- Interpreters Services
- Friendly and supportive team environment
About the Department
Interpreter Services provides interpreters for culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) patients across all departments at SVHM. The Interpreter Services Department upholds St Vincent’s commitment to cultural responsiveness and ensuring effective communication through providing high quality interpreter services.
About the Role
Interpreter Services are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic administrative assistant to join the dynamic and busy Interpreter department. You will be responsible for processing bookings, coordinating and managing interpreters for all clinical areas across St Vincent's as well as liaising between staff and the interpreter service providers to ensure excellent service provision. You have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in working with software in a health setting (hospital registration systems, Word for Windows). You have good general knowledge of world geography and the languages spoken around the world.
- Provide a high standard of customer service between the requesting department, interpreter service provider and relevant interpreters
- Provide language, booking and interpreter availability information to all clients and departments
- Act as an advocate for CaLD patients who require an interpreter
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) clients
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Highly developed communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of the St Vincent’s Patient Administration System (PAS) would be highly desirable
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:
JR102555_Interpreter Booking Clerk - May 2018.pdf
Award/Enterprise Agreement (if applicable):
Position Grade and Salary (if applicable):
Karella de Jongh, Manager, Language Services, 9231 2944, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enza Menarello, Interpreter Services, 9231 3483
18 May 2018 11:59pm
Reconciliation Action Plan:
View Reconciliation Action Plan
Code of Conduct:
View Code of Conduct ?