Cronulla–Caringbah, SYDNEY – are you looking for a rewarding position?
Would you enjoy living & working near some of the best surf beaches in the world? Our practice is only minutes away from the Cronulla beaches in Sydney’s south – your roster can be arranged to accommodate lunchtime swims, surfs, gym etc. Our local area - the Sutherland Shire is renowned for its sun, surf & active outdoor lifestyle & is only a short trip from the heart of Sydney.
Sports Physiotherapy South is looking for a part time physio to work in a well established private sports physio practice. The potential for increased hours up to full time is a possibility in future if desirable. This is an outstanding opportunity as we have a history of long service from our staff members. Sports Physiotherapy South is a very welcoming, friendly & enjoyable place to work. We are committed to supporting you & want you to love your job.
The 2 practice principals are both Titled APA Sports Physiotherapists & are both accredited AIS / NSWIS athlete providers. This practice was established in 1995 & continues to be privately owned & operated. We are experts in sports & injury rehabilitation with a focus on high quality physiotherapy services – providing primary contact assessment, diagnosis & hands on treatment protocols. Our team are experienced, motivated, fun & enthusiastic manual therapists who are all physically active in a range of sports, & involved in the local community.
Sports Physio South has a strong emphasis on manual therapy & exercise prescription. You will need to be able to demonstrate high level clinical reasoning skills, diagnostic ability & experience in manual therapy & exercise prescription. Our appointments are organised so that one patient is seen at a time, with time allowing for quality individualised care in hands on consultations.
Your case load would be varied & exciting, consisting of a mix of musculoskeletal work including recreational thru to elite sports injuries, occupational rehabilitation, & post-op orthopaedic rehabilitation.
Our services include but are not limited to
- Biomechanical analysis & screenings
- assessment, diagnosis & management of a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions & sports injuries
- rehabilitation of post-op orthopaedic & neuro-surgical patients
- manual therapy (including Maitland, McKenzie, Mulligans, Muscle Energy techniques & Janda)
- individualised exercise programs
- Bradcliff respiratory therapists
- Dry Needling
- Orthotic prescription & fitting
- Water proof synthetic casts & Thermoplastic Splinting
You will receive ongoing opportunities for your professional development with in-house mentoring & training from our 2 Titled Sports Physiotherapists, & also financial support for continuing education. Sports Physio South is proud of the high level of skills of our clinicians. We will enable you to have the highest level of skills & knowledge to continue our good reputation for expert physiotherapy treatment
If you are a team player who is not afraid to take responsibility, you are motivated, willing to up skill, you have a high level of customer service & presentation, you have excellent communication skills & a friendly welcoming personality – then contact us today & win yourself an incredible position in the best location, with the best team of physio’s..
Hours & salary will be given on interview. We offer competitive renumeration commensurate with level of experience & ability. Availability to work afternoons / evenings / Saturdays preferred.
Looking for a candidate with excellent manual therapy skills & experience in exercise prescription, preferably from previous work in private practice.
Send your CV & cover letter (which must include details of your physiotherapy qualifications & your current AHPRA registration details) to Jan Colaco :-
Email - email@example.com
or phone Jan Colaco on W 02 95444900, or H 02 95440996
or post your application to :-
Sports Physiotherapy South 216 Kingsway CARINGBAH NSW 2229.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Requirements for any applicant to be considered for this position
- Only physiotherapists with full unrestricted Australian AHPRA registration will be considered - please provide your AHPRA registration number in your application
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Workcover accreditation preferred - please provide your workcover approval number in your application
- Strong musculoskeletal background with sound clinical reasoning & diagnostic skills, together with a high level of manual therapy treatment skills & experience in exercise prescription. Please provide details of your clinical experience & referees to verify your level of clinical competence, interpersonal skills & ability to work as part of a team.
- Manual therapy based private practice experience preferred
- Enthusiastic, energetic & pro-active approach to your work & continuing education. Please provide your continuing education history to date in your CV
- Ability to manage & maintain a patient list & foster our quality reputation
- Australian residential address (please provide your residential address in your cover letter)