Expressions of interest are invited for physiotherapists interested in providing paid coverage for Gymnastics Victoria/Australia events.
Bounce Health Group is contracted by Gymnastics Victoria to provide medical support for their tier 1 and 2 events in Victoria as well as selection of physiotherapists for the state teams in both Mens and Womens Gymnastics. Gymnastics includes:
Gymnastics is a unique sport with a high level of participation and coverage opportunities for physiotherapists will mean working and covering alongside a number of elite gymnasts who compete at both the state and national levels.
Expectation of Physiotherapists:
- Physios are required to be at competition for the complete session in case of injury during competition
- Sessions span between 3-4 hours
- During this time you may also treat non-competing athletes
- Strapping/taping of athletes may be required and general first aid
Requirements for position
- Registration as a physiotherapist in Australia
- Current Physiotherapy Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Childrens Card
- Up to date First Aid/CPR accreditation
Physiotherapists do not require experience in Gymnastics and will have full support. You may be a new graduate looking to build a skill base in gymnastics or an experienced physiotherapist.
Opportunities by becoming part of the coverage support network of Gymnastics in Victoria include
1. Advanced taping workshop during the year for all registered coverage therapists
2. Yearly Gymnastics Sports Medicine Conference - complimentary invitation
3. Obviously assists in building experience/resume etc
4. Opportunity to submit CV for a position working and travelling with the state team.
1. Full medical kit
2. Official Medical Polo top
3. Emergency procedure booklet for that event
There are various events through the year with events starting very shortly on the 1st-3rd of April. We would welcome immediate expressions of interest and if possible to include CV with application (not essential in the first instance unless new graduate).
Applicants will be forwarded the event program for 2018 and we welcome advanced requests for coverage throughout 2018. Events are predominantly held in Metro Melbourne however there is occasional regional events also.
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE FORWARDED TO
Polly Dhar - firstname.lastname@example.org AND
Allison Smyth - email@example.com