We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dynamic senior midwife with expert clinical and leadership skills, to manage our Delivery Suite.
This senior role has responsibility for facilitating clinical excellence and improved health outcomes for women and their babies. In this role teamwork is crucial as is the integration of service provision. The CMM has budgetary accountabilities and is responsible for the effective allocation of resources. Management of staff includes recruitment, retention, performance, professional development and identifying continuing education needs of all staff.
The CMM will be solutions focused and able to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
Key criteria for success in this position:
- Registration as a qualified Midwife in New Zealand
- A comprehensive knowledge of the New Zealand maternity system and midwifery currency
- Strong clear communication skills with the ability to influence
- Capacity to innovate; inspire and motivate your team and others
- A collaborative leadership style and able to work well with colleagues
- Management experience and also able demonstrate practice currency in a delivery suite environment
- Sensitivity and knowledge of working within culturally diverse populations
All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button (applications for positions will not be accepted unless accompanied by one). Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate vacancy number and job title in the subject line.
Applications close on the 16 February 2018.