Purpose of Position
Permanent Part Time opportunity based at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood, NSW
Working within a friendly and supportive team
HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of NSW Health entitlements
About the role
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System Nurses’ and Midwives (State Award) and the Crown Employees Nurses’ (State Award). For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
Selection Criteria1. Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
2. Current endorsement/ enrolment with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
3. Minimum one year’s experience working in a hospital setting
4. Experience and/or qualifications in the specialty (desirable) – Palliative Care, Rehabilitation or Specialist Mental Health for Older Persons
5. Experience in working with people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and other language/ bilingual skills (desirable).
. Strong computer skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team and to be able to work independently. Experience working within a team nursing model and understanding of team member role.
8. Empathy and patience.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.