Purpose of Position
The SCHN Integrated Care Department is aligned with the NSW Integrated Care Strategy of NSW Ministry of Health. The department aims to continue developing innovative, system wide and sustainable service models for providing coordinated and integrated care services that will help children reach their full potential in health and wellbeing. The department aims to achieve:
Integrated SCHN services across primary, secondary and tertiary sectors and with key partners
Improved patient experience of the health system
Reduced waiting times for patients as they navigate the system
Improved health outcomes for patients and better quality of life
Reduced avoidable or unnecessary hospitalisations
The Digital Health Coordinator will bring knowledge of innovative, technology-enabled, models of care that put the patient at the centre and are responsive to the challenges of distance and equitable access in paediatric healthcare. The role will work with stakeholders (internal and external) and vendors in the implementation and support of digital health models.
The Digital Health Coordinator may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this position description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating systems of The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network and in-line with NSW Health’s Code of Conduct.
1. Demonstrated high level administrative support experience in a health care environment.
2. Knowledge of developments in digital health and the ability to apply this to the implementation and support of new models of care.
3. Familiarity with video conferencing technology and ability to provide first level support.
4. Well-developed interpersonal communication, verbal and written skills and demonstrated ability to liaise with diverse audiences.
5. Ability to operate autonomously, manage a range of stakeholders and prioritise conflicting demands.
6. Ability to synthesise data and provide regular and adhoc reporting.
7. Competence in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with clinical scheduling and billing systems.
8. Current unencumbered Drivers Licence for use within NSW/Australia.