Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for undertaking endocrine research, in particular the CF-IDEA trial. The research nurse is responsible for providing clinical support and coordination for this clinical research project. The position involves trial management, including patient recruitment, liaising with other study sites regarding recruitment and data collection, analysing quality-of-life questionnaires and CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) traces, and data entry into the study database.
1. Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Relevant post-registration qualifications and at least 3 years’ experience working in the relevant clinical area of their post-registration qualification.
3. Demonstrated evidence of advanced clinical practice in the specialty area.
4. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and problem solving capabilities; able to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
5. Strong commitment to contribute to own and team professional development and act as a resource person and to mentor others within the specialty where required.
6. Demonstrated evidence of contribution to the development of clinical practice relevant to paediatrics.
7. Demonstrated ability to exercise extended autonomy of decision making capabilities and leadership in the development of nursing specialty clinical practice and service delivery.
8. Demonstrated ability to exercise professional knowledge and judgment in providing complex care requirements of patients/clients in the specialty field.