Purpose of Position
Practicing and promoting safe, efficient and effective nursing care.
Fostering an atmosphere conducive to open communication, problem solving and team building.
Assisting, supporting and guiding the education of patients and their relevant persons.
Supervising the clinical practice of students including undergraduate students.
Assisting, supporting and guiding the education and development of other staff including Enrolled Nurses, Endorsed Enrolled Nurses New Graduate Registered Nurses and fellow Registered Nurses.
Promoting Evidence based Practice and Continuous Quality Improvement within the ward/ unit.
Participating in the development and evaluation of Evidence Based Clinical Pathways.
Participating in health care planning, practice and evaluation.
Upholding the policies of the MNCLHD
Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, For example- the Poisons Act, Coroners Act, Mental Health Act, Child Protection Act, Equal Employment Opportunity and Occupational Health and Safety and the Independent Commission against Corruption regulations.
Ensuring appropriate steps are taken in relation to problem solving regarding patient, family and staff grievances according to MNCLHD Policy.
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nurses & Midwives Board of Australia.
5. Ability to plan and coordinate patient care in a multidisciplinary team environment providing outcome based care.
4. Demonstrated commitment to continuing personal education.
2. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in acute surgical environment &/or Day Surgical Unit &/or Extended Day Only
3. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and clinical problem solving skills to maximise patient care.
6. Demonstrated basic computer skills including ability to use Electronic Medical Record and Incident Information Management System (IIMS).
7. Ability to participate in 7 day rotating roster, with a high rotation of night duty