Purpose of Position
Work within a team environment to maintain the highest standard of support necessary to facilitate the care and movement of patients within the Perioperative Services in a reliable, timely and effective manner. Overall responsibilities include the preparation of operating theatre equipment, transport of patients, specimen and patients, cleaning of floors and furniture, removal of soiled linen and waste, restocking supplies and maintaining safe and hygienic conditions within the Operating Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to multiple workplace demands & changes
• Sound working knowledge of manual handling issues.
• Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to work a 24 hour 7 day rotating roster
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Recent experience in an Acute-care facility