Purpose of Position
To assist with program implementation and to work in close conjunction with the staff and families of the service to contribute to the development and implementation of quality programs for the individual children.
1. A Diploma, Certificate III or Early Childhood Teaching qualification meeting the criteria defined in Children’s Services Education and Care Services National Regulation 2011.
2. Ability to develop and implement programs for children in reference to the Early Years Learning Framework.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute in a team teaching situation with the ability and motivation to work effectively unsupervised.
4. Commitment to participate in quality improvement and assessment in children’s services.
5. Good oral communication and good interpersonal skills with children and adults.
6. Current first aid and emergency anaphylaxis and asthma qualifications/training and Approved child protection qualification (Statement of Attainment) or willingness to obtain.
7. Good standard of written communication skills and comprehension of written information.
8. Awareness and/or understanding of legislated requirements relating to Child Protection, OH&S, EEO and privacy issues.