Primary Health Care - Garbutt
Full Time (up to 12 month contract)
TAIHS is looking for an experienced and qualified Registered Nurse to join our Primary Health Care at our Garbutt Clinic. This position is responsible for the total care of the patient including triage, priority categorisation, early detection of health issues, clinical interventions, liaison with Doctors and other members of the health care team, coordination of patient treatments and preventive care services. Essentially, this role is responsible for the delivery, management and coordination of quality patient care and service delivery.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment for patients/visitors/other staff members.
- Provision of daily nursing support to General Practitioners
- Undertaking all tasks within nursing scope of practice and/or as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Plan and delivery of quality nursing care in consultation with the patient and the multidisciplinary health care team
- Ensuring patient records are current and maintained in a confidential manner
- Stock management of clinic supplies
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Current Registered Nurse registration with AHPRA coupled with demonstrated clinical knowledge and relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse with 5 years of practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, relatives and a broad range of health professionals.
- Ability to administer and document patient medications and prescribed treatment accurately.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and to adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and show support and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to show initiative, discretion and good judgement in carrying out clinical duties.
- Working as a regional service and at times in isolation.
- Satisfactory Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Record (if required).
- Travel across the Region will be required.
- work out of normal hours of duty may be required.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD).
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Follow the link to our careers page and locate the position to download an application package https://www.taihs.net.au/careers/career-opportunities/.
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Applicant Information Summary
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages long) which can be found within the position description
- Applications lodged without the required documentation will be deemed unsuccessful.
Applications Close: COB Monday 13th August, 2020.
**Agency applications will not be accepted**
Phone: (07) 4431 1403 or 4431 1466
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY