Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Mgr Gde 2
Remuneration: $114,458.91 - $116,733.90
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70000
Applications Close: 31 October 2018
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Role
PTHC is seeking a Nurse Manager – Aged Care who can lead /manage change and has experience in resident led models of care. The role is responsible for ensuring each resident is provided with holistic, innovate and individualised care. The role has responsibility for resourcing, documentation and assessments in line with best practice. The role will also act as the Deputy Director of Nursing across Lithgow/Portland supporting professional nursing practice.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Aged Care Experience (at least 3 years full-time) in residential aged care or acute aged care. or relevant post graduate tertiary qualifications in aged care.
- Commitment and experience in resident led models of care.
- Knowledge and ‘hands-on’ experience in managing change, including experience supporting team to improve effective workplace culture.
- Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of the Commonwealth Aged Care Standards, ACFI, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Michael Puglisi on Michael.Puglisi@health.nsw.gov.au