: Permanent Full TimePosition Classification
: Computer Manager Grade 2Remuneration
: $112,171 - $127,057 per annumHours Per Week
: 38Requisition ID
Are you looking for an opportunity to join Sydney Local Health District? Here is your chance!Where you'll be working
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH)
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH) is a major metropolitan tertiary referral hospital and a principal provider of specialist healthcare. It remains one of the nation’s most respected hospitals, with a distinguished history serving the health needs of local, state-wide, national and international communities.
What you'll be doing
The Supervisor, eMeds Team is responsible for the leadership and direction of the Electronic Medication Management (eMeds) Team in ensuring the ongoing maintenance and application support of the eMeds build in the SLHD & SWSLHD Electronic Medical Record (eMR). The position is responsible for training, mentoring and developing the eMeds Clinical Application Specialists. Additionally this position is also responsible for providing leadership and direction to pharmacy business analysts engaged to assist the eMeds projects.
This position is also responsible for working as part of the eMR Team to implement and support the requirements for eMeds projects currently being undertaken in Sydney and SWS LHDs. The position will be required to manage any eMeds Project Pharmacists and liaise with clinical and other relevant staff within both LHDs to ensure that mandatory reporting and clinical requirements are met. Additionally the position will be responsible for the escalation of any issues relating to the eMeds projects to the eMeds Project Managers.
Although this position will be based at the RPAH campus there may be a requirement to work from time to time at the ICT Services Liverpool campus and other Sydney and SWS LHD facilities.
The eMR Team provides support for a system that is in use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Although this position is not a frontline clinical support position, the successful occupant may be required to provide support out of hours to ensure availability of the system.
The successful applicant will be expected to work as part of the eMeds Team on-call support roster.
- Qualifications in Pharmacy and/or relevant experience, with demonstrated understanding of and experience with clinical processes.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of computerised clinical information systems.
- High-level proficiency in the use of Cerner Electronic Medication Management and Discern Expert and proficiency in other relevant Cerner applications.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification, analysis and resolution in a multi-user clinical information system.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of staff including clinical staff, management and technical staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in documenting procedures.
- Previous experience in leading a team, including proven capability to lead and develop individuals would be beneficial.
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.