Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Security Off
Remuneration: $25.88 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ69728
Master Licence No: NNSW LHD: 407500912
Northern NSW Local Health District is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position, All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
Please note, to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
Where you’ll be working
“A healthy community through quality care”
Northern NSW Local Health District is located in north eastern NSW, extending from Grafton in the south, to Tweed Heads on the Queensland border, and west to Tabulam and Urbenville. Northern NSW offers a diverse range of landscapes and lifestyles, from world-heritage listed mountain ranges, to world-renowned surfing breaks, and everything in between.
Our people live in some of Australia’s most vibrant regional centres, with first class infrastructure, unspoilt natural wonders, pristine coastlines, and a thriving arts scene. It’s a fast-growing region with rewarding careers and adventures to be found among the large cities, regional towns and relaxed rural villages.
What you'll be doing
Providing a 24-hour Security Service ensuring the safety of staff, patients and visitors as well as the protection of assets.
Security staff have a duty of care to all patients, staff and visitors to the hospital and related sites and are required to participate in crime prevention, deterrence initiatives and risk minimisation strategies.
- Hold current NSW Security licence (Class 1A minimum), Current First Aid Certificate and the ability to maintain the security licence
- Experience working as a security officer preferably in a health setting or similar with experience and knowledge of electronic systems such as alarm monitoring systems, access control and CCTV surveillance.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision and the ability to organise and prioritise work demands within required timeframes
- Demonstrated communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate with staff, patients and members of the public and ensure that all documentation is accurately recorded and entered.
- Sound knowledge and practical application/commitment to understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles (including manual handling) and the role of the Security Officer in applying these principles
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel in the course of employment this may include working across a number of sites.
- Availability and capacity to participate in a 24 hour/ seven-day rotating roster which includes working all shifts, all days of the week including public holidays.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Mark Anderson on Mark.Anderson1@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 1 November 2018