Purpose of Position
The Clinical Nurse Specialist working as the Integrated Care Coordinator in Goulburn Health Service is responsible for the provision of high level patient centred, evidence-based clinical nursing care and care coordination. Is expected to embrace and lead a practice development philosophy in the delivery of integrated care.
This outcome will be achieved through undertaking comprehensive nursing assessments, providing expert nursing care, advice, care coordination across specialities/services and support to patients/clients and family
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will be responsible for evaluation, supervision and provision of complex speciality care coordination while providing a high level of professional leadership and autonomous clinical practice
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will work within an interdisciplinary team environment, show leadership/clinical expertise in his/her field and act as a professional role model for less experienced staff
1. Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse /Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Relevant post-registration qualifications in a clinical area relating to Acute or Community care with (at least) three years’ experience working in the clinical area.
3. Demonstrate ability to exercise extended autonomy of decision making capabilities and leadership in the development of nursing specialty clinical practice advancement and service delivery.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide direct clinical care at an extended role level in Integrated Care and/or chronic disease management
5. Commitment to contribute to own and the teams professional development, to act as a resource person and mentor to others within the speciality.
6. Demonstrated ability to exercise professional knowledge and judgement in providing complex care requirements of patients/clients in the field.
7. Demonstrated ability to actively contribute to the development of clinical practice around integrated care