Purpose of Position
Plan, coordinate and implement in-depth levels of clinical expertise and extensive specialised knowledge within occupational therapy in order to provide high quality occupational therapy to consumers of the Rehabilitation Unit consistent with NSW Health, South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
1. Must hold qualifications recognised for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
2. Demonstrated extensive post graduate clinical experience in Mental Health Occupational Therapy.
3. Demonstrated excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
4. Proven ability to provide in-depth advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence, with the capacity to provide clinical supervision to other staff
5. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature
6. Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff
7. Demonstrated commitment to consumer participation and a recovery focus
8. Current Driver’s Licence with an excellent driving record