Purpose of Position
The purpose of the position is to meet the requirements of the blood collection department and the goals of the South Eastern Sydney Laboratory Service (SEALS)in terms of (but not restricted to) timeliness and other customer service goals as determined by the Service. As required under the direction of the Nurse Unit Manager to perform venepuncture on inpatients within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District, the SEALS South Outpatient Collection Centre and various outpatient clinics within Illawarra Hospitals. As required and under the direction of the Nurse Unit Manager to perform Venepuncture and other duties pertaining to blood collecting and haematological investigations at various sites within SEALS South. May be required to provide blood collection services to domiciliary patients referred to SEALS.
1. Certificate III in Pathology Collection and/or previous blood collection experience.
2. Ability to travel to more than one site within NSW Health Pathology - South and evidence of an unencumbered Class C Drivers licence
3. Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and part of a team.
4. Knowledge of, and commitment to infection control techniques.
5.Willingness to learn neonate and paediatric collection techniques.
6. Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills.