Purpose of Position
The Clinical Coder is required to accurately reflect Tamworth Health Service’s admitted casemix through the accurate and timely submission of clinical coded data for admitted patients, applying the classification rules and conventions of the current edition of ICD-10-AM.
• Successful completion of a recognised clinical coding qualification (HIMAA, OTEN).
• Experience in clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and sound/knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards.
• Commitment to continuous professional development and working in a continuous quality improvement environment with the ability to adapt to change
• Demonstrated commitment to providing a high level of customer service for a broad range of clients
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise own work taking into account the impact on others to achieve results and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a demonstrated capacity for effective teamwork
• Demonstrated commitment to providing a quality service and quality improvement initiatives in workplace practices and procedures
• Demonstrated capability to use a wide range of computer hardware, software and electronic systems to complete work activities