Purpose of Position
To plan and design the Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network-Attached Storage (NAS) based storage and backup infrastructure (including converged storage & network infrastructure) of eHealth NSW ensuring such plans and designs meet the requirements of eHealth clients, and are in accordance with NSW Health IM&T Strategic Plan, eHealth policies and standards.
The Principal Systems Officer Storage & Backup Design will also provide high level, expert advice on any issues relating to storage and backup management, design and support to enable the effective delivery of the abovementioned services to eHealth customers.
1. Extensive experience and record of achievement in Storage Area Network Infrastructure technology solutions designs (including converged storage and network infrastructure) within an operationally focused large and complex service environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent.
2. Extensive experience and record of achievement in Storage Solutions Design of Enterprise Backup technologies, including: HP Data Protector, EMC Avamar/Networker and Data Domain
3. Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of contemporary frameworks and technologies/architectures, including but not limited to: Cloud storage delivery, TOGAF, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCOE, NFS and CIFS, Brocade compatible SAN directors/switches, HP (EVA), IBM (XIV), NetApp (FAS) storage arrays, CISCO UCS & Nexus converged storage network infrastructure and HP Virtual Connect.
4. Demonstrated experience in governing and contributing to the development of Operational standards and design (and their ongoing evolution) within a large and complex service environment.
5. Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret complex information from numerous sources, prepare and present analysis and reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions
6. Excellent organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
7. Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and customers to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
8. Capacity and willingness, including current NSW driver’s license, to travel to eHealth NSW business and service locations throughout NSW, which may include overnight stay in regional / remote areas.