We have a flexible opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join our home care team and help support elderly Australians based in Perth!
Why join us?
- Values based organisation supporting clients in the community
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- AHPRA registration reimbursement
- First class training and development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance with HBF or Medibank & Bankwest product discounts
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and our wellness program
- Discounts at JB HI-FI & The Good Guys as well as Accommodation discounts at Seashells
- Local and interstate candidates are welcome to apply. Relocation assistance via salary packaging is available.
About your new role
This role is part-time, 22.5 hours per week and you must have availability to work a minimum of 3 weekdays per week, between the hours of 8:00am – 17:00pm to fit in with client needs. Days are flexible.
This position is based in our Belmont Head Office with travel in the East and South Metropolitan Perth regions. You will need to use your own car and/or book a company pool car to facilitate travel to client's homes.
In collaboration with the Hub Team (Metro), the Physiotherapist is responsible for assessing customer’s individual capabilities to maximise their physical and psychological wellbeing.
The responsibility of the Physiotherapist includes implementing the planned services for customers, with an emphasis placed on person-centred care, enhancing the individual’s quality of life. This work is always required to reflect transparency, be consultative, based on enhancing positive relationships, exemplify best practice while emphasising and honouring the individual leadership of all service users regardless of their physical or cognitive ability.
You will be a qualified Physiotherapist and have current registration with the Board of WA. We will provide a comprehensive orientation to the role and ongoing supervision (face-to-face and virtual) to support your development.
- Completes comprehensive physiotherapy assessments and regular reviews to identify residents’ needs as they relate to physiotherapy scope of practice.
- Delivers required physiotherapy treatment as identified by individual customer assessment and preferences.
- Maintains a high level of awareness regarding the requirements of Aged Care Quality Standards and Aged Care Funding Instrument and contributes to associated reporting requirements.
- Ensures appropriate equipment is sourced and accessible to customers, as required.
- Actively contributes to continuous quality improvement planning and outcomes, ensuring best practice.
- Attends and contributes to clinical meetings.
- Models enablement of customers and provides direction and assistance to other staff members in performing their duties.
- In collaboration with the Hub Team, maintains contact with customers to monitor quality of therapy outcomes.
Skills and Experience
Although Baptistcare appreciate the contributions of those who can work on visas, we are unfortunately only able to accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents at this time.
- Tertiary qualifications and current registration with AHPRA as a Physiotherapist
- Experience in Aged Care or Community Services is highly regarded
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of comprehensive car insurance
- An understanding and appreciation of contemporary Physiotherapy practice and issues in aged care
- An ability to collaborate, negotiate and contribute toward a multi-disciplinary team approach to care planning and delivery
- An ability to relate to older people with empathy, understanding and affording dignity and respect
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of Up-to-date 2023 Influenza & three (3) Covid-19 Vaccinations
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical if required
- Willingness to obtain a new National Police Clearance (cost covered)
Baptistcare is one of WA’s largest providers of residential aged care, retirement living and home care services, providing the highest level of quality care and support across both metro and regional locations. We focus on empowering our customers to maintain homely comforts and community connection by providing care with compassion, integrity, and dignity.
Our focus is not limited to our customers, but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you to achieve a fulfilling career with first class training and development opportunities.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is valued. The more diversity we have, the more unique perspectives and creative ideas we share. Therefore, we embrace people of different age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rebecca – Recruitment Advisor at [email protected] with the subject heading “Physiotherapist”. Please note that we do not accept applications to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.