Leading Clinical Trials company going places, chance to work with groovy medicines and take the next step in your medical career. Full-time and Part-time roles, Rotorua New Zealand.
Our client, PCRN Limited, is a private medical research company with sites across New Zealand. Running clinical trials across a multitude of therapeutic areas, each site is staffed by a dedicated team with a national support team providing administrative services. Offering the chance to be involved in cutting edge medical science, this is an opportunity for a registered Medical Practitioner to join the team located in Rotorua, conducting later phase clinical trials.
The role of Clinical Trials Doctor is a specialised and important role (with training provided), performing critical trial-related procedures. Offering a competitive remuneration, the chance to spend quality time with trial participants, and great working conditions. Hours on site are set by patient visits and there will be the opportunity to work from home at times for non-patient contact activities. Training, meetings, and clinical trial peer groups are recognised by the RNZCGP for CME purposes.
These roles may suit someone returning to the workforce, a GP wanting to take a step back from full-time practice work, a Medical Practitioner still considering specialisations, or a recently qualified Doctor looking for the next step in their career.
The Clinical Trials Doctor will:
- Conduct the trial in compliance with the protocols, ICH-GCP guidelines and local regulations.
- Ensure all start-up processes are followed, and all documents are accurate.
- Ensure compliance with consent processes.
- Communicate with the research team and Sponsoring company to ensure all clinical trial-related tasks are conducted appropriately and ethically.
- Ensure that investigational products are only used in accordance with the approved protocols.
- Ensure all quality assurance, regulatory, documentation and reporting compliances are met.
- Complete all trial administration correctly and accurately, reporting any adverse events within required time frames.
- Participate in site initiation visits, monitoring visits and investigator meetings.
- Direct or delegate appropriate participant recruitment and retention.
The successful candidate must have:
- Current New Zealand Medical Council Registration or be in the process of obtaining this. We are willing to assist you with this process.
- Experience with clinical trials is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, leading by example, and providing direction.
- Although this work is typically Monday to Friday, flexibility to be able to meet changing requirements associated with the nature of clinical trials is required.
- Excellent administration and computing skills.
- High attention to detail, maintaining excellent documentation practices.
- Awareness of fundamental business principles and an awareness of the clinical trial industry.
- A high degree of judgement, discretion, and confidentiality.
Working with a team of like-minded specialists at our Rotorua site; PCRN is growing.
This is an exciting opportunity in an alternative medical career, working with a strong and supportive management team with a great reputation. You’ll experience absolute professionalism, with a hint of humour and collaboration and have the chance to be directly involved with cutting edge clinical trial research.
PCRN believe in promoting a supportive and professional work environment, reward their team well, and place a high value on work-life balance.
Why Rotorua New Zealand?
Located in the pristine Bay of Plenty, Rotorua is known as the outdoor adventure tourism mecca of New Zealand! It is the place to be if you are seeking a move to a central location in New Zealand, with access to beaches, lakes, snow and forests and world class mountain biking tracks.
If this role is of interest to you, please contact us at [email protected].
Please do not contact our client directly.
For further information, including a detailed job description, please email [email protected] or phone 0064 7 393 2424