Who we are:
Plena Healthcare is a national allied health provider to the Aged Care, Community and Disability industry, with over 20 years’ experience. Our physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, speech pathologists and dietitians are passionate about the care they provide to the clients who are at the centre of everything we do.
We are a values-led organisation, we bring energy, act with integrity, nurture and care, we listen and connect. Our values demonstrate our commitment to our people, customers, and community, and define who we are, what we do, and how we do it. When we come together, we shine.
Reporting to your Speech Pathology Team Leader, you will provide high-quality mobile speech pathology services to adults living in Residential Aged Care facilities and the local community. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing and diagnosing your clients’ swallowing and communication difficulties
- Helping to improve mealtimes
- Providing mealtime management plans
- Advocating for communication support for clients with communication difficulties
- Delivering educational sessions
- Working closely with the organisational staff, support coordinators and your Plena colleagues to ensure optimum care needs are met
- Providing consultative and educational supports to clients and their families
- Maintaining accurate records
- Upholding the Plena Vision
You will have access to extensive resources alongside internal clinical supervision and mentorship support. You will be presented with opportunities to attend our workshops and access to professional development opportunities.
To best support our customers, you will need:
- Professional qualification in Speech Pathology with an active membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
- You will be required to travel so having a drivers licence and a reliable form of transport will be critical
- Travel will be required
- You will be able to add great value as an experienced Speech Pathologist
Your Career with Plena:
In addition to an awesome team environment and competitive salary (which is reviewed yearly), Plena Healthcare prides itself on a genuine work/life balance where flexibility is key! We aim to support and inspire our team to enrich the lives of our clients. We do this with a great group of people, and a tried and tested program, which is the best in the industry! And there are some other goodies along the way to make sure you’re the happiest and best that you can be.
When joining our Plena Healthcare Community, you will also unlock a multitude of Plena Perks.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Work life balance, flexible working hours
- Industry leading Professional Development program equivalent to $5000 annually, comprising of a Professional Development allowance that you can choose how you spend, monthly profession specific training events, quarterly interdisciplinary training events, industry webinar updated, journal clubs and lunch and learn sessions.
- 1:1 Mentoring Program, participate as a supervisee or a supervisor
- Shine Awards – We love our people & we love rewarding outstanding achievements. Our Shine Awards provide more opportunities for our people to be recognised and rewarded for their contribution to helping people live healthier, happier and more independent lives. Monthly, quarterly and yearly awards valued up to $2000.
- Shine Days - an additional 4 days of leave a year!
- Health Kick - $150 annual budget to spend on your fitness and well-being.
- Treasure Chest Fund - We like to spread joy. We'll give you money to spend on brightening the day of one of your clients.
- $1000 Refer a friend bonus – Sharing is caring!
- Novated car leasing
- Retail discounts
“We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to supporting an inclusive & diverse workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people of all ages, cultural identities, gender identities and expressions & LGBTIQA+ people.”
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”