Who we are:
Plena Healthcare is a national allied health provider to the Aged Care, Community and Disability industry, with over 20 years’ experience. Our physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, speech pathologists and dietitians are passionate about the care they provide to the clients who are at the centre of everything we do.
Every day, we work together united by a common purpose; to provide quality care so people can live healthier, happier and more independent lives. With mobile therapists based around Australia, Plena Healthcare therapists provide a pivotal difference to aged care facilities and the community with an outlook focussed on collaboration, motivation, passion and inspiration.
This position is responsible for working under the direction of physiotherapists / occupational therapists in order to deliver a consistently high standard of clinical service to clients in Residential Aged Care (RAC) Settings.
Positions available - Townsville / Brisbane / Sunshine Coast / Gold Coast
You will be responsible for:
- As an Allied Health Assistant it is expected that your time will consist of both clinical and administrative duties
- Responsible for assisting to deliver all physiotherapy services in accordance with the Plena Healthcare operating procedures and policies.
- Responsible for servicing RAC clients in accordance with the Allied Health Professionals treatment plan
- Under direction of the physiotherapists / occupational therapists you may be required to, Transport residents to and from the therapy gym area / their appointments,
- Set up and pack away the physiotherapy gym, including cleaning both the area and equipment
- Collect referrals and any other administrative tasks as guided by the physiotherapists
- Order prescribed equipment
- Run exercise groups / programs
- Support initiatives to meet client / contract expectations
- Consult with the physiotherapist / occupational therapist in relation to adaptations/ changes/ progressions of treatment plans for clients as appropriate
- Participate in mentoring, supervision and appraisals in line with Plena Healthcare’s policy and procedure
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cert IV Allied Health Assistant or equivalent
- Health care knowledge
- Independently deliver treatment plans
- Time management and accountability
- Clinical knowledge
- Communication skills
Additionally, you will require:
- NDIS workers check screening
- Current police clearance (within the last 12 months)
- Evidence of right to work in Australia
When joining our Plena Healthcare Community, you will also unlock a multitude of Plena Perks.
- Work life balance, flexible working hours
- Industry leading Professional Development program equivalent to $5000 annually, comprising of a Professional Development allowance that you can choose how you spend, monthly profession specific training events, quarterly interdisciplinary training events, industry webinar updated, journal clubs and lunch and learn sessions.
- 1:1 Mentoring Program, participate as a supervisee or a supervisor
- Salary Sacrificing options such as novated car leasing
- Plena Health Kick, $150 allowance towards a healthier you (enjoy gym memberships, sneakers, massages and more on us!)
- Treasure Chest: Spoil your clients and we will pick up the bill for you
- $1000 Refer a friend bonus – Sharing is caring!
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, ages, and gender as well as people who identify as First Peoples, LGBTIQ+ and people with a disability.