- Central Adelaide Local Health Network – Various locations
- Salary AHP-3 $99,629/$106,864 (pro rata)
- Permanent, temporary, full-time and part-time positions
The Principal Social Worker is responsible for the provision of leadership and supervision to a specific social work team that provides social work services to a clinical area within CALHN - Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH), Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), Repat Health Precinct (RHP) and Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre (HRC) as part of the Single Service, Multiple Site model.
The Principal Social Worker is also responsible for providing clinical social work services which require highly developed skills and knowledge. As well as maintaining a clinical caseload, the incumbent supports a team of social workers to provide evidence based, responsive and prioritised services through workload management, supervision, continuous quality improvement, education and research. These make a significant contribution to the clinical outcomes of patients and the efficient delivery of services across a Single Service, Multiple Site model.
Appropriate degree or equivalent qualification In Social Work which entitles full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Benefits of Working at CALHN
From salary packaging to flexible working arrangements, and a large range of opportunities for movement and career progression, you’ll find there are lots of benefits of working with Central Adelaide Local Health Network.
- Salary packaging: Salary packaging is an option for saving money by paying for some of your everyday expenses from your salary before it is taxed.
- Diversity and inclusion: CALHN supports and fosters a culture in which employees feel they belong and feel safe at work. The culture aims to encourage all people to use their talents and to be valued and rewarded for their contributions.
- Flexible working arrangements: Voluntary flexible working provisions have been introduced to enable CALHN employees to better balance work, personal life and family commitments.
- Opportunity for movement across the SA Health system: There are always opportunities for you to develop your skills and your career at one of our many metropolitan or regional sites
We’re looking for talented staff to join us and help us to shape the future of health through world-class care and world-class research and achieve our vision of being in thetop 50 health services in the world and top 5 in Australia.
Each day presents our nearly 15,000 employees with an opportunity to perform at their best, not because they are expected to, but because they want to as they work together to achieve our strategic ambitions. Together we’re committed to delivering the very best in care for the community in line with our organisation’s values.
The Central Adelaide Local Health Network includes South’s Australia’s major quaternary facility, theRoyal Adelaide Hospital,The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, theHampstead Rehabilitation Centreand theRepat Health Precinct. We also deliver mental health services atGlenside Health Services and at a range of other locations across the metropolitan area.
Our Statewide clinical services includeBreastScreen SA,SA Pathology,SA Medical ImagingandSA Pharmacy. Community health services includeSA Dental(including School Dental Services),SA Prison HealthandDonate Life SA.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package, we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 808730
Sarah Macdonald Telephone:0401 117 790
Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
11:55 pm Friday 7 October 2022
808730 RD Principal Social Worker.pdf
Australian applicant guidelines
International applicant guidelines