:Dental Assist Gde 2
:$33.27 - $36.63 p.h
Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings. An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
What you'll be doing
The Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network (JH&FMHN) Dental Assistant is responsible for supporting the dental clinician in the provision of high standard dental services to patients in Correctional Centres across New South Wales.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
See what our past employee’s say about why you should join the Network
- A nationally recognised Dental Assisting Certificate at Certificate IV Level or equivalent.
- Experience as a dental assistant across a range of general and specialised dental procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of Infection Control principles in the Oral Health setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Good computer skills with experience in patient information management systems, word processing, spreadsheets and email
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the goals and values of the Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Jessica Fussell on [email protected]
Applications Close: 5 October 2022