Ever wanted to explore the different regions of Western Australia? Are you dedicated to improving access to rural healthcare? Do you have a passion for exploring the great outdoors, and a commitment to making a difference in people's lives?
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDS WO) has an outstanding history of service and excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. As one of Australia’s most iconic brands and voted 2021’s Most Trusted Charity, every hour of every day the RFDS WO is performing lifesaving work across Western Australia.
Find out what it is like to work for RFDS in Western Australia from some of our employees by selecting this link here.
We need experienced and empathetic doctors to provide a wide range of clinical services, including:
- Aeromedical retrieval
- Flying medical clinics and
- Indigenous health
There are some great opportunities to work across Western Australia, in different communities. Our bases include:
- Meekatharra located in the Wheatbelt region
- Kalgoorlie located in the Goldfields region
- Port Hedland located in the Pilbara region
- Broome located in the Kimberley region
- Jandakot located in the Perth Metro region
Our current opportunities are in Meekatharra, Port Hedland and Kalgoorlie base, we will also consider FIFO arrangements as an option for Meekatharra. Expressions of interest will also be considered for future opportunities in Broome and Jandakot.
- Registration, or the ability to register, with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Medical Practitioner
- A minimum of five years of postgraduate experience
- Significant experience in emergency medicine, anaesthesia, and acute paediatrics
- Able to independently manage critically ill and injured patients, including procedural skills relevant to critical care medicine
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- FACRRM or FRACGP or equivalent, or experienced career medical officer
- Obstetric experience
- Primary health care experience
- Experience in pre-hospital or retrieval medicine
- Experience in regional or remote medical practice
- Heavily subsidised furnished housing and a motor vehicle for regional bases only
- Competitive salary and salary packaging
- Full-time role with a formal orientation program provided
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Professional development allowance and study leave provisions
- Up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year
We are driven by our Values of Respect, Fairness, Diversity, and Safety. We offer our team members a unique and dynamic work environment with generous salary packaging options.
If this role is strongly matched to your skills and experience (and you are looking for your next adventure!), please visit our career page:
Alternatively, please send your CV to the People and Culture team at: [email protected]
If you are successful in your application, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.