Do you want to practice your leadership skills in a supportive environment, while contributing to better healthcare for the Indigenous communities of the Pilbara region of Western Australia? Take the lead and take on this role as Senior Medical Officer, at this Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service.
The role of the Senior Medical Officer is to work with the Clinical Manager to manage the clinical activities of the Service, which contribute to improved health outcomes for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of the Pilbara region.
This is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service designed to ensure our clients' journey through the health system meets their medical, health, social and cultural needs with a vision that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Pilbara have the opportunity to live a healthy life, with access to culturally appropriate, holistic primary and allied healthcare; social and emotional wellbeing services and education.
Specialist Registration as a General Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra)
- FRACGP or equivalent suitable experience and training
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate practitioner experience
- Experience in primary health care
- Experience in managing a team of General Practitioners
- Strong interest in indigenous health and chronic disease management
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package with a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Salary up to $340,000 plus 10.5 percent superannuation
- Housing provided
- Car provided
- Relocation allowance negotiable
- District allowance $6,422
- Air conditioning allowance $1,300
- Airfare allowance $1,230
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 10 days paid study leave and training/professional development opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Generous salary packaging options to increase your take home pay.