Canopy Cancer Care is a leading private Oncology practice with five sites across the North Island, New Zealand. Our team of nurses and Specialists provide care for adult patients with a wide variety of malignancies. We are an innovative and forward-thinking practice
The Canopy team is passionate about working together to provide the highest standard of care that optimises patient outcomes and provides them with the support they need throughout their cancer journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced ANP to join our team at Canopy Cancer Care.
This is a newly developed role at Canopy with an interesting and varied portfolio.
This role will:
- provide clinical expertise to the medical and nursing teams
- lead the expansion of nurse-led specialist oncology services across the organisation.
- utilise your advanced clinical skill set to assess and manage acute patient presentations
- act as an independent nurse prescriber for your own patient caseload.
- also assist with the development of tumour specific pathways and evaluate patient outcomes
- attract a sign-on bonus and a generous CPD allowance
As an experienced ANP, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients and their whanau.
You will provide efficient, effective, and evidence-based nursing care to patients, administering chemotherapy and other cancer treatments.
The successful applicant must have:
- Masters Level Education
- NZNC Nurse Practitioner Registration
- 2 +year’s experience as a NP
- Significant experience in oncology or haematology
- Cytotoxic certified
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- IT literate - able to use Microsoft word and excel
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- commitment to achieving excellence in delivering quality nursing care
- NZ citizenship or permanent residency
Leadership experience, a second language and experience with an electronic patient management system desirable.
As an experienced ANP with current registration, you will be a passionate practitioner with a commitment to service delivery and outstanding patient care including:
- Team player
- Critical thinking skills
- Creative and dynamic
Applications close on Friday 16 September 2022.
If you would like more information about the role please contact Emma Moore on +64 27 5780942 or [email protected]
Click here for a true sense of who we are and what we do check out this Canopy TV video https://www.canopycancercare.co.nz/canopy-tv#sharing_stories