We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced General Practitioners to join our down to earth and dedicated teams.
We are currently hiring for both our Palmerston & Malak Clinics. We also have a role for a GP at our Don Dale, Berrimah location which is being advertised separately as it has a focus on Youth & Social Justice.
Take on an important role where you will improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
WHO ARE WE
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
DISCOVER DARWINS BOUNDLESS OPPORTUNITIES
If you are not from the Territory, or Darwin, please have a look at what we have to offer, you might be very surprised. If you are looking for a connected place, rich in culture, that is beautiful and filled with potential than have a look at the boundless opportunities we have to offer. You won’t find a city that is warmer and more welcoming, filled with diverse and optimistic people. If you are open minded, with a spirit for the creative and quirky, I suggest you continue to explore. https://youtu.be/2MYkM_O4gr0?t=2
WHAT WILL YOU FOCUS ON
The successful candidate will be providing a range of culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to clients of Danila Dilba Health Service in either our Palmerston or Malak Clinics. There is a significant primary care component as well as specific programs Delivering primary health cares and clinical services in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management where appropriate.
You should be motivated to provide development and coaching, in context, to our Registrars, Aboriginal Health Workers and provide medical student supervision, to ensure we build capacity within DDHS.
Your experience will be valued but you are sure to experience and learn something new every day. If you would like to know more about the day-to-day aspects of these opportunities please contact our Senior Medical Officer, Dr Andrew Webster on 08 8942-5400.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Current registration as a General Practitioner with AHPRA, Fellow of the RACGP or ACCRM with a minimum 2 years’ experience in General Practice
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds
- A strong desire and ability to coach and develop others
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health
- Understanding and/or awareness of the concepts of Aboriginal self-determination
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a cross-cultural and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to use clinical practice software, high standard of written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence, with an understanding of confidentiality.
- Understanding and respect of the importance of the role of Aboriginal Community Controlled organisations, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and other indigenous staff in Aboriginal Health and be willing to respect and support the Danila Dilba Health Service, Aboriginal Health Worker First policy
- A detailed understanding of how Medicare works.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy.
DDHS values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures, and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identifies, and all age groups to apply.
Submit your up-to-date CV today as we will be looking at candidates with immediate effect, don’t delay.
Committed to protecting children
Danila Dilba Health Service is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that we will conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.