Health Management Internship Program 2023 - the perfect way to change career paths from clinical to management, or law, consulting, accounting etc to health management if making a difference to people is what you are looking for.
Two years training, Full time PAID
The ACHSM Health Management Internship Program (HMIP) gives you all you need for a successful career as a manager in the health sector.
The HMIP has been offered by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) for over 45 years. Hundreds of clinicians or successful people from other career paths such as administration, law or finance have made a successful transition to a role as a health manager following HMIP. Some are now health executives and CEO’s across health in NSW and elsewhere.
Who gets selected?
The selection process is highly competitive and we receive far more applications than we have internships available. Successful applicants are generally recognised by peers and managers as a high performer with great potential for a management career. They are passionate and committed, strong communicators, self-confident, socially adept and great team players.
They have already demonstrated that they stand out from the crowd by their achievements at work and in different areas of life such as university; leadership roles, awards, high GPA; sporting accomplishments; or recognition at work for contribution and performance.
What’s included in the Internship?
1. Two years full-time PAID employment in a health organisation – a supervised, structured workplace experience with rotations across several business functions
2. A Master of Health Management degree
3. Professional Development activities and masterclasses with industry leaders
4. Mentoring by a senior health leader
5. Attendance at the Asia Pacific Health Management Congress over three days
6. Complementary membership of the ACHSM
7. Full access to ACHSM PD events and bi-monthly webcasts by well-known health leaders
1. Australian citizenship or permanent residency with full work rights, at the time of making their application
2. Relevant undergraduate qualiﬁcation
3. At least three years or more full time work experience following their undergrad
4. Agree to undergo all required pre-employment health screening and checks with NSW Health, which includes but may not be limited to Working with Children Check, Aged Care Check, National Criminal Record Check, vaccination status, academic transcript verification, personality profiling, numeracy, comprehension and writing tests.
5. Evidence of performance / achievements / awards / scholarships etc
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements above are encouraged to apply.
We encourage applications from diverse individuals, particularly First Nations people, people with a disability, LGBTQI, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you have accessibility requirements, please contact us.
Positions are generally located in the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Where can I find further information?
Further details and a timeline for recruitment and commencement are available here:
How do I Apply?
Start with the ACHSM website (link below) and read all the information there, so you are clear about what is involved in the Internship, the application process and the timeline, as well as eligibility: https://www.achsm.org.au/education/health-management-internship-program-hmip/hmip-new-south-wales.
Apply below - no resume required, as you will also need to submit an HMIP application form which is available on the website.
Applications round 1 close at midnight August 3rd 2022 (extensions available)
As stated above, this is a highly competitive process and many applicants will be disappointed as there are only a small number of places available for 2023
Internship commences Jan 27 2023
Enquiries to: [email protected]
#HMIP #Intern #Internship #Health Management #training #leadership training #career change #health career #Health Manager #Health administrator #Health Leader #2nd career