Work within our multi-disciplinary Health Services Team
Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual roles available, 10-hour shifts
Base salary of up to $65,000 p.a. (+ super), plus Allowances on offer!
About the Company:
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. For more information, please visit: www.geogroup.com.au
About the Role:
Joining an experienced Health Services Team at Junee Correctional Centre, the Pharmacy Technician assists, within their scope of practice, in the management of medications, which includes assisting in the preparation for medication administration rounds, administering of prescribed medication, assisting in the management of medication inventory and ordering under supervision. A pharmacy technician can only administer medication that is prepared by a pharmacist in a dose administration aid (DAA).
Pharmacy Technicians upon commencement of employment at Junee Correctional Centre and, prior to administering medications, will be required to complete the Medication Safety e-learning modules and undertake a practical competency assessment. There will also be a requirement to undertake annual medication safety training as a component of mandatory training.
We have Full-Time (10hr x 8 shifts per fortnight), Part-Time and Casual roles available. These roles are 10-hour shifts rostered from 7:00am to 5:00pm operating across all days of the week, on a rotating roster basis.
To obtain further information about these roles and to download the position description, please click HERE
Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Certificate III in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician or Community Pharmacy) course or equivalent as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Completion of a dispensary assistant module is highly desirable
- Previous work experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital or the community.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work within teams and collaboratively across teams.
- Strong computer and information technology skills.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and education.
Culture and Benefits:
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY - RESPECT - ACCOUNTABLE - AGILE - INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- An opportunity to work in a progressive service delivery environment.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is now mandatory for all employees to have had the Covid-19 vaccination, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre.
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our A/Health Services Manager, Erin Godwin on (02) 6930 5527.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Closing Date for Applications - Thursday 4th August 2022, at Midnight (extended)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply