We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our dedicated Health Services Team
Based at Junee Correctional Centre, near Wagga Wagga regional NSW
Full-Time NIGHT SHIFT role available
Visa Sponsorship Available for AHPRA holders
Base salary range $109,200 - $113,568 + penalties!
Sign-on bonus of up to $15,000 on offer, where applicable.
About the Company:
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. For more information, please visit: www.geogroup.com.au
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a dedicated NIGHT SHIFT Nurse to join our Health Services Team at Junee Correctional Centre, being led by our new team of Senior Health Managers. Our focus is to build on your clinical confidence, and create an engaged workforce, with a work/family friendly balance and provide a supportive environment that covers clinical and best practices. Our Organisation aims to provide the best working conditions for our Employees. This is an exciting time to join The GEO Group!
Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for delivering comprehensive, professional and quality nursing services within a Correctional setting, working 12-hour shifts across all days of the week, on a rotated basis.
Our work is fast paced and your role could include emergency care, coordinating and delivering nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities, liaising with interdisciplinary teams, coordinating care, conducting health care assessments, and dispersing prescription and non-prescription medications.
Our night shift roster consists of 7 x 12 shifts per fortnight between the hours of 18:30pm - 06:30am across all days of the week, on a rostered basis. Roster arrangements can be discussed to provide an appropriate work life balance.
To obtain further information about this role and to download the position description, click on the above 'Apply Now' button, to be redirected to our website.
Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Completed Nursing Degree and/or General or Psychiatric Registered nurse training.
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Minimum one years of professional postgraduate experience as a registered nurse.
- Competence in the performance of the following functions: Medical emergencies, Physical assessment, Crisis intervention, Medical & Psychiatric nursing care, Venipuncture.
- Ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and providing appropriate follow through treatment.
- Good communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and cultural awareness.
- Resilience - some patients could be confronting.
Culture and Benefits:
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY - RESPECT - ACCOUNTABLE - AGILE - INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- Access to a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs, including access to study leave.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
Competitive rates are on offer for Permanent Shift-work Nurses. A further 25% loading applies to hourly rates for Casual engagement. To view the table of rates, please click on the above 'Apply Now' button - to be redirected to our website.
Sign on bonus: A sign-on bonus of up to $15,000 is available for applicants that commence in permanent full-time positions, conditions apply.
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is now mandatory for all our employees to have had both Covid-19 vaccinations, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre (you will be asked to attach your evidence to your application).
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our A/Health Services Manager, Erin Godwin on (02) 5905 6483.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Closing Date for Applications - Thursday 4th August 2022, at 4pm
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply