Advisory Committee Nominations: GP and Pharmacist
Job No: GCP32
Location: Robina, Gold Coast
- Join a key GP-led advisory group providing influential advice and recommendations for primary health care
- Seeking a GP and Pharmacist to join our Clinical Council Advisory Committee
- Quarterly meetings (6.30pm-8.30pm) are held at our Robina, Gold Coast office.
About the Organisation
Gold Coast Primary Health Network (GCPHN) is a not-for-profit Australian Government initiative dedicated to building a world class health service for the Gold Coast region. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your local community, look no further.
About the Opportunity
Member nominations currently being sought include:
- 1 x GP (Employed/Independent Contractor)
- 1 x Pharmacist (community based not hospital)
Clinicians will ideally have experience and interest in a range of clinical areas, including but not limited to population health, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health, aged care, mental health, chronic disease, women’s and children’s health, alcohol and other drugs.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Michelle Henley, Secretariat at [email protected] or phone 07 5612 5429.
About the Clinical Council
The federal government requires GCPHN to maintain a GP-led Clinical Advisory Council of individuals who represent general practice and other health professionals, including but not limited to nurses, allied and community health, Aboriginal health workers, specialist hospital and health services representatives.
The Clinical Council assists GCPHN to develop local strategies to improve the operation of the health care system for patients including advising on issues that can influence the Board's deliberations and decisions to better meet unique needs of their communities.
The Board of the GCPHN are currently seeking nominations from GPs and local community pharmacists to fill two vacancies for our Clinical Council. The term of appointment is 2 years.
For more info, please refer to our Terms of Reference click here. Remuneration is in accordance with our Sitting Fee policy.
Committee members will require the following attributes to support them in achieving the Clinical Council's purpose and responsibilities:
- Currently working within the Gold Coast PHN boundaries/region
- Ability to make sensible, astute decisions and recommendations on clinical governance matters with a perspective of future opportunities and risks;
- Registered with AHPRA (with the exception of a Health Worker appointee);
- Ability to understand and assess complex primary health care issues and develop appropriate strategies;
- Ability to promote a culture that implements best practice based on clinical evidence and in the context of finite health resources;
- Ability to give consideration to the diverse needs of the Gold Coast community across different professions and populations;
- For the GP position be a team player who is currently in active clinical practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in primary health care in the Gold Coast region;
- Be a strategic thinker, visionary and have the ability to take a whole of system view;
- Ability to actively contribute and challenge in a group environment;
- Integrity and a high standing in the community and amongst their peers; and
- Ability to commit to quarterly meetings (6.30 - 8.30pm) and out-of-session work, as required.
Application and Appointment Process
To register your interest, please provide responses to the online form questions below demonstrating how you meet the selection criteria below.
Please refer to supporting documents listed below when completing your application:
- GCPHN Clinical Council Terms of Reference
- GCPHN Conflict of Interest Procedure
- GCPHN Strategic Plan
- GCPHN Needs Assessment
- Joint Regional Plan for Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, Alcohol and Other Drug Services