Have you considered using your GP skills in a Correctional Health setting?
Skilled Medical is a preferred supplier of locum GP Registrars and Specialist level General Practitioners to work in prisons around Victoria. This is an exciting contract to be a part of, and we are seeking qualified Doctors with the necessary skills and experience as outlined below.
The Medical Officers are an integral part of the primary healthcare team at the correctional facility and are primarily responsible for:
- The provision and supervision of medical care to patients
- Providing medical input to clinically related matters
- Evaluation of medical programs and medical services required and/or provided
- Working as an integral part of the health care team for the site
- General or general practice AHPRA registration
- Experience in mental health, drug and alcohol and/or emergency care
- Ability to provide appropriate diagnosis, treatment and management
- The ability to work collaboratively with nursing staff and other staff
- Starting pay rates of $140 per hour for Registrars and $150 per hour for GPs with Fellowship
- Weekend rates of $170 per hour for Registrars and $180 per hour for GPs with Fellowship
- The flexibility to work single/multiple shifts or weekends only
- Rural sites paying up to five hours travel time at the hourly rate
- Orientations arranged at each site with a Senior Medical Officer
- Free parking
- Great team environment
- Day shifts
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. With local offices in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist medical professionals with locum and permanent placements. Our aim is to provide the highest level of professional service to candidates and clients.
If you would like further information on this great opportunity, please contact Neil Morton at Skilled Medical as below.
Neil Morton 1300 900 100 or [email protected]
You may also click the Apply button
Visit our website www.skilledmedical.com to know more about what we do.