The position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for Infection Control to compliment the strategic direction, daily operational processes and the continual achievement of accreditation for the hospital.
You will coordinate and manage the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Infection Control procedures, practices and standards.
You will work closely with members of the multidisciplinary teams and participate in relevant committees to collect and collate data, key performance indicators (KPIs) and infection control clinical indicators.
You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
Located in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Working with Children check
- Relevant post graduate experience and/or qualifications in Infection Control
- Experience in the Acute setting
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Immunisation certificate - desirable
- Auditing skills - desirable
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Sarah Hutchinson at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.