We are seeking an experienced and motivated Breast Care Nurse to join our clients team. The Breast Care Nurse (BCN) role is to improve the quality and continuity of care and support provided to clients diagnosed with breast cancer. The position supports and coordinates the patient’s care from diagnosis, through to surgery and treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation. The BCN supports inpatients and those in the outpatient and community setting.
The BCN is a key link in the multi-disciplinary team coordinating patient care through communication with Breast Physicians, Surgeons, Oncologist, Radiation Oncologists, treating nurses and the Allied Heath team.
This is a part time role, 32 hours per week.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating and providing specialised breast care management from the point of diagnosis, through treatment, recovery, follow-up services and palliative care where appropriate
- Facilitation of client focused support and treatment
- Promotion of mulitidiscipnary care
- Provide knowledge and resources to nursing colleagues
- Promote Breast Screening Service throughout the orgainsation and the community
- Promote and develop consumer based support groups
Located on the sunny Gold Coast!
- Current AHPRA registration
- Bachelor of Nursing Experience in breast surgery or similar field Experience/competency in chemotherapy administration 5 Years’ experience
- Knowledge of National Standards Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment and leading a positive culture
- Outstanding customer service skills and professional presentation
- Breast Care Nurse certificate/qualifications. If not completed, working towards completion (highly desirable)
- Post Graduate qualification Experience in the private sector (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of ISO (highly desirable)
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Sarah Hutchinson at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.