Are you able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team; provide a high standard of service delivery and clinical outcomes within budget, whilst complying with relevant legislation and regulations? Then this role is for you. Come work just minutes away from the beautiful Peninsula waterside! Relaxed lifestyle with a supportive and friendly work environment that delivers optimal patient care.
This is a full-time position of 76 hours per fortnight.
Position Responsibilities: The position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the ward to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital. You will provide operational direction for the ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels. You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
Acute hospital providing a range of services including Medical, Orthopaedic/Urology/General/Gynecology and Ophthalmology Surgery, Rehabilitation, Day Rehab and Paediatric services.
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 3 years previous experience at NUM level or equivalent
- Experience in the Acute setting
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management
- Demonstrated HR management experience
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong understanding of patient flow
- Leadership and management qualification (or working towards)
- Degree in relevant specialty area
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Nursing Jobs Australia at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.