Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide. We value collaboration, respect, enthusiasm, excellence, innovation and integrity.
The Services and Supports team at Beyond Blue delivers effective early intervention, treatment and recovery-focused mental health and suicide prevention supports and services, so people can receive help early and recover quickly to ensure their best possible mental health.
The team enables the provision of the Beyond Blue Services and Supports, which provides:
- effective and sustainable support to the community that meets increasing demand,
- accessible services that continually evolves to meet the needs and expectations of the community,
- access to safe on-line channels to support people ability share personal stories and success to effective support to maintain good mental health.
The purpose of the Clinical Governance – Online Communities and Community role is to oversee and support all clinical governance aspects across the allocated portfolios for Beyond Blue’s services. Responsibilities include the provision of clinical advice on policies and procedures, projects, reports, and data interpretation that will contribute to Beyond Blue’s quality improvement processes, risk management systems, and overarching clinical governance framework.
The position will also act as a key contact for clinical supervision/peer supervision as required across various Beyond Blue teams. The position will also contribute to the development and continuous improvement of content – ensuring a system of quality and integrity applies to all content in compliance with the Beyond Blue Clinical Governance Framework.
This role will work with teams across Beyond Blue and key third-party stakeholders.
Key accountabilities include:
- In conjunction with the Beyond Blue Head of Clinical Governance, continue the development and implementation of a robust Clinical Governance Strategy for allocated portfolios (primary and a secondary portfolio) based on the overarching Beyond Blue Clinical Governance Framework
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the application into practice of a system of quality assurance, reporting and clinical effectiveness.
- Oversee clinical aspects and governance of clinical interventions as required
- As a clinical subject matter expert, work in conjunction with the members of the teams within the allocated portfolios to develop a robust content development, review and continuous improvement process to ensure all content accurately reflects current best practice and evidence-based principles.
- Develop and implement measures to ensure Clinical Quality Improvement. For example, develop performance measure tools, develop audit schedules and conduct reviews as per the relevant standards and frameworks (i.e. documentation and clinical practice audit) in conjunction with delivery partners
Key criteria include:
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, occupational therapy, psychiatric nursing or similar with at least 3 years’ experience in mental health service provision.
- Current APHRA/other relevant registration as applicable to the professional stream
- Experience in working across health or community sectors in governance and operational roles.
- Extensive understanding and working knowledge of the Clinical Governance principles and relevant standards (particularly clinical mental health experience).
- Clinical data analysis and reporting experience.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button below. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position. If you're viewing this advertisement on another website, a current position description can be found on our careers page.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.