The Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and equity.
Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) is one of New Zealand's largest DHBs and a major tertiary centre, responsible for the health of approximately 559,000 people across a large geographical area and with a revenue of over $2b. It operates a number of hospitals and delivers and funds a range of comprehensive community healthcare services.
CDHB is seeking a Chief Medical Officer who will be responsible for providing professional leadership to the medical workforce. The role will work alongside nursing and allied professional leads and have oversight of clinical governance as well as patient safety and quality of care. The CMO will be instrumental, as part of the executive management team, in helping to lead the transformation of service delivery and models of care required for CDHB to be able to deliver sustainable and excellent healthcare to the community that it serves.
The incoming Chief Medical Officer will need to have the following:
- A strong understanding of, and a commitment to, the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and equity in every aspect of the health system
- Proven experience in medical leadership and driving transformation while maintaining patient safety and quality;
- Knowledge and experience of large and complex public healthcare systems
- Vocationally registered with, or with the ability to register with, the New Zealand Medical Council within their area of specialty;
- Desirable but not required: other leadership qualification(s) (e.g. RACMA, MBA)
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity further, or would like more information, please contact Sophie Dennan directly by emailing [email protected] or phone +64 21 527 428.