Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 5 remote Aboriginal communities across the region and being the lead agency for headspace Broome since 2008.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 34 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in Aboriginal Health.
A GP Opportunity with a Difference
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) currently has multiple upcoming opportunities for General Practitioners to join their team in WA, with positions expected to commence between roughly November 2020 to March 2021.
Supporting the remote clinics within the Kutjungka Region (Balgo, Mulan and Billiluna) of WA, you will have the opportunity to work on either a:
- Part-time FIFO basis (working 4 weeks on, 8 weeks off), living in a modern, furnished unit in the Balgo Community, with return flights to your preferred destination within Australia; or
- Full-time basis, living and working in Broome while also spending 4 weeks out of every 12 working in the remote clinics.
These are hands on, highly varied roles that will see you working as part of a multidisciplinary remote clinic team to deliver comprehensive primary health care services to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander clients and families.
Services are delivered with the "bigger picture" view in mind, and you'll be responsible for spending time providing holistic care to patients within remote clinics and supporting the wider communities, with a small portion of your work also involving emergency medicine.
These are highly varied and rewarding opportunities to provide a wide variety of vital healthcare services to remote Indigenous communities and help "Close the Gap" in Aboriginal health.
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package circa $378,864 (FTE), inclusive of super and an availability and call out payment at 25% of your base salary.
KAMS also offers a fantastic work/life balance and an additional range of generous benefits, including:
- Accommodation allowance (for full-time employees);
- Electricity subsidy (for full-time employees);
- Modern fully-furnished accommodation for your time spent out in remote clinics;
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata);
- Professional development/training assistance;
- Annual airfare, available after 12 months of employment; and
- Annual district allowance (for a single person and a dependent partner or child).
For someone with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of Aboriginal health self-determination in remote communities.