General Practitioner (VR)
Primary Health Care
Full Time (up to 12 month contract)
TAIHS is looking for a General Practitioner (VR) to provide medical skill and expertise in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services as a member of the TAIHS multidisciplinary health care team, demonstrating leadership in clinical quality and safety and fostering a culture of organisational reflection and continuous quality improvement.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Registration and ensure CPD requirements are met
- Support Indigenous Health Screening
- Perform Quality Chronic Disease Care
- Perform Preventative Medical Care
- Support eHealth Initiatives (PIP)
Required Qualifications and Experience
- AHPRA Specialist Registration as General Practitioner
- FRACGP and/or FACRRM
- Experienced in the delivery of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Healthcare
- Work out of normal hours of duty may be required
- Travel across Region may be required
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld)
- Satisfactory Police Check – no Serious/Criminal/Court Record (if required)
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Follow the link to our careers page and locate the position to download an application package https://www.taihs.net.au/careers/career-opportunities/.
- You must submit the below documentation;
- Applicant Information Summary
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria which can be found within the position description
- Applications lodged without the required documentation will be deemed unsuccessful.
Applications Close: 5pm 21st August, 2020.
**Agency applications will not be accepted**
Phone: (07) 4431 1403 or 4431 1466
ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY