Purpose of Position
The Enrolled Nurse is an integral part of the nursing team, working under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse to provide support and care for patients through:
• Assisting patients with activities of daily living
• Providing physical and psychological comfort and support
• Assisting with assessment including observation and monitoring of health status
• Collecting accurate health care information and maintaining accurate health care documentation.
• Communicating with patients, carers and other health care team members colleagues and regarding nursing care
• Undertaking nursing interventions relevant to the level of practice or accreditation
• Collaborating and assisting with planning and evaluating nursing care
1. Current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia registration as an Enrolled Nurse (Division 2)
2. Demonstrated education for medication administration such as Certificate IV in Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) or equivalent
3. Nursing knowledge and skills relevant to general medicine.
4. Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills
5. Understanding of team nursing & demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of the multi disciplinary health care team
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise own workload
7. Commitment to quality improvement, practice development and evidence-based practice