Purpose of Position
The Mental Health Emergency Care Support Centre Clinician is part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for coordinating and delivering emergency mental health assessment and support services to persons (including their family, and/or carers) who present to GSAHS Hospital Emergency Departments experiencing acute mental health crises and/or at the risk of behavioural disturbances.
3. Demonstrated excellence in clinical assessment and treatment planning skills and comprehensive knowledge of evidence based mental health practice.
4. Well developed consultation and liaison skills.
1. Recognised clinical qualifications in mental health (Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist) and current Registration with the NSW Registration Board (RN’s, Psychologists/Clinical Psychologists) or eligibility for membership of the relevant pr
2. Experience in the provision of mental health services, with experience in hospital and/or community settings.
5. Demonstrated understanding of the NSW Mental Health Act (2007) and good grasp of current national and state mental health initiatives and strategic directions.